Friday, July 28, 2006

Pictures!

Toured la Pontificia Universidad Catolica today, after getting their intro talk and then talking to a bunch of students about what classes to take, which professors are easy, etc. (it's important to have decently easy profs here because, well, because I don't speak Spanish, much less Castellano, which is what Chileans call their dialect). The campus we went to (there are four, this one has all the social sciences and also engineering so it's probably where I'd be going) is beautiful and new and shiny and has really interesting buildings and a great cafeteria that wasn't horribly expensive and would have been cheap if I wasn't a dumbass and had looked at the combo specials (hamburger, a drink and desert for 1000 pesos, which is less than 2 bucks). Anyhow then I came home and here I am. Here are some select pictures of things I think are cool/things people might want to see. Too bad the mountains didn't come out as awesome as they look in real life, I'll try to get a better picture on a less hazy day. That might have to wait a couple of months.


Some cool graffiti on Loreley, the street my street (President Ovalle) ends at


Las micros, the insane yellow buses that are super fun to ride but really not fun to get nearly run over by


The courtyard of la casa central de la PUC


A pair of really cute little girls who were playing in the courtyard at the San Joaquin campus of la PUC, the statue I also liked; Chileans really seem to like statuary


The COPA crew on our tour of la PUC...check out the Andes (sorry bout the quality)

No comments: