Thursday, October 12, 2006

yes!

I just felt my first earthquake! FINALLY! The house sort of rocked a little bit, slowly, for about thirty seconds. I was confused at first, it felt like the washer/dryer at home was in full swing and I was on the second floor, but my room is on the first floor and no washing machine on earth could make everything move like that. Can't believe that took me almost three months, there have been others since I've been here but I've somehow missed them. In other news, this article about Tariq Ramadan in the New Yorker is very interesting and also pretty distressing: George Packer in Talk of the Town. Meanwhile the French government has decided that what happened to the Armenians in 1915-1916 in Turkey was genocide and saying otherwise should be against the law (BBC Online article about it). Because, you know, the government starting to tell people what they can and can't say always works out for the best. Anyhow, I'm off to cinema class.

No comments: