Sunday, October 22, 2006

today i decided to write more about politics

Election time is coming in the States and there's so much interesting stuff down here, and I've really just started to get into reading about all the goings on in the world again. I've been reading the news, of course, but not really paying very close attention. But the whole deal with Chile's vote for the Security Council seat and Bachelet's decision to abstain (which was absolutely the right one for Chile, but not very fun) and all the student unrest here is really interesting and it's time I paid closer attention to it. And I can't think of a way to make sure I'm paying attention than to write about things a little. Today I've got a Spanish paper that requires my full attention before I fall either asleep or into the state of slack-jawed half-wakefulness in which I can do nothing but look up soccer highlights and old Simpsons and Daily Show epidodes on YouTube, whichever comes first. But starting sometime soon, anyone who reads this will get a periodic dose of my astounding insightful political ruminations. The play-by-plays will continue, of course.

No comments: