Tuesday, October 10, 2006

el huerto

Finally made it to the vegetarian place in Providencia, after a little more than a week of trying to find a time. Met Rosie around 2:15, we walked around for a little bit looking for it, then found it and luckily it was open. Today was a holiday and all the other restaurants on its street were closed, but it was doing a pretty decent business. We sat down right away and our waitress was really nice and saw us right away without being hovery, which was a nice change for South America. The food was delicious, we got toast with cream cheese rolled in sesame on lettuce and carrots for an appetizer and then I got a quesadilla, burrito and rice for my main course. Rosie got a smorgasbord of different things, which were also all very good. It was a little on the pricier side, but that's all right every once in a while and I also spent so little money this weekend that I felt okay about it. Rosie and I caught each other up on our weekends (she'd gone to La Serena with the Ñuñoa kids and Sara) and then walked back to her apartment, where we did some homework (I studied for my Spanish midterm, which is on Wednesday...GULP, and she read for her gender identity in Latin America class). Then I came home, at a delicious dinner thanks once again to Luz María: salad of red lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes with the usual oil-and-vinegar-and-lemon on top and then mashed potatoes and really juicy chicken. I guess this post is about food, but the food today was so good. Then I watched football (YES!) and tried to explain it to Francisco, who seems to have forgiven me for snapping at him the other night. I think I did a decent job, although I neglected to mention how much different scores are worth. Oh well. Today he was all chummy and hit me on the face and neck and tried to pull me towards him by the shoulder again. He doesn't grab my ear anymore because I yelled at him once about that, now he just makes fun of me about not liking it. God, he's kind of an asshole. I'm surprised it's taken me so long to realize this, especially after his great-aunt told me straight out. I'm going to stop writing now. 'Night.

No comments: