Wednesday, June 13, 2012

sorry for not posting

Monday and Tuesday were productive, although I was sick very badly on Monday and still getting over it for most of the day on Tuesday. Gross. Feeling better this morning (Wednesday) although I again did not sleep enough last night and my head/neck hurt this morning. Can't wait to get back to my own bed.

Monday was the England-France Euro2012 match, which I for some reason decided I wanted to watch. So Aman, Malashree, Aleeza and I went to a place called Design Cafe, where Aman said he'd seen a TV -- most restaurants don't have them and obviously there are no sports bars in Kabul. Turns out they did have a TV. It was about 13 inches across and ancient, and they brought it out and put it on a stool next to our table. Then the waiter plugged in some rabbit ears and started messing around trying to find a signal. That didn't work very well, so he plugged in his cell phone charger instead! A bit of repositioning and damned if the signal didn't pick up well enough to watch the game. We were all flabbergasted. Note to self: if attempting to watch broadcast TV, cell phone chargers make good alternative antennae.

Tuesday talked to Mom and Dad and Jack in the morning and went to dinner with Aleeza and Raha (from AKFA) at Le Jardin, which was nice. Everything in between was work and emergency bathroom breaks.

Now it's Wednesday and I have the last of my necessary meetings at AKFA at 2 PM. Plugging away at other things, too, and very much looking forward to being home.

No comments: