Sunday, June 10, 2012

kabulabulabul

Things going well so far in Kabul. Hung out with Tameeza for a while in the courtyard at the PP and who should walk by right after we sat down but Aman, ex-CHF and ex-AKF Mozambique. He was on his way to check out a house, as he just moved here three weeks ago. But he stayed for a bit and then hung out some more after looking at the place. Tameeza had dinner plans so Aman and I ended up at a French place owned by real live French people. It showed, the food was good.

Woke up at 6:45 to a surprise alarm on the phone FOCUS gave me. That was good because the car came earlier than I expected, so with the early wake up I had time to shower and eat a bowl of cereal. The FOCUS office is unchanged other than some desk/office rearranging, and I've spent the morning going through emails and reviewing with Aleeza the feedback we got on Friday on our proposal. Seems straightforward for the most part. We'll have a conference call later this afternoon to figure out a few of the thornier issues.

At lunch today Gul Ahmad, one of the admin guys, took me to buy a jump rope and some yogurt -- I left my rope in Islamabad and the breakfast cereal at the hotel needs help that the room-temperature parmalat-style milk can't provide.

Time to get back to work, I'm still going through emails from last Friday. Pleased that I resisted doing any work yesterday, though.

No comments: