Thursday, March 22, 2007

vale got robbed

My day was pretty good until Vale called me a little bit after six, in tears, to say that her apartment had been broken into and her computer and DVD player stolen. That's all they took, apparently, thank goodness, but still past the material things it's so scary to have your home violated. I came right over and talked to her; she cried for a while and then we went to the police to file a report and now she's decided to distract herself by cooking (a thing she rarely if ever does), which is good. I'm going to stay here tonight.

This weekend holds in store a lot of reading for me, plus the Chinese New Year at the Chinese Embassy on Saturday afternoon (thanks to Vale, who invited me) and my friend Paloma's birthday party that night. Plus frisbee on Sunday and yoga tomorrow, after going down to la Católica to pick up more readings for armed conflict. I'm excited, I think it's going to be good. I'm not sure why I'm writing like this, it feels weird. Anyhow I'm going to stop there.

No comments: