Friday, March 16, 2007

thank god lincoln didn't end up at vcu

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for some photocopies for my Armed Conflict class and ESPN has just informed me that Duke lost on a last-second shot to...VCU. That's Virginia Commonwealth University. The Commodores, or something like that. I'm going to go gouge my eyes out with my fingernails now. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. We gotta get some actual talent down there. McRoberts is a G (22 and 12 in the season-ender) but Paulus was a bust all year and everyone else is 7 years old. We also throw the ball away every eight seconds, can't shoot free throws or play defense. K is a god, I refuse to blame this on his coaching ability. However, his reCRUITing ability seems to have melted somewhat. We still get a few blue-chippers every year, but not the REALLY good ones, the Durants (a Maryland kid who ended up at Texas--come ON ACC, what the fuck?) and the Odens. Our recruiting class is usually in tens. I mean, come on. Maybe it's the fact that everyone hates Duke and no one wants to play there just because it's Duke and they'd rather go to Carolina (just as blue-blood, but MJ went there so it's gotta be cool, right?) so they can try and beat Duke. And, recently, succeed. God I'm 6,000 miles away but this still makes me sick. Well at least the season is over and I can stop agonizing about how freaking bad we were this year. Or at least agonize a little less about it.

No comments: