Wednesday, March 28, 2007

springs out of an argument i had with lindsay yesterday

Lindsay, a girl from COPA this semester, and I have Electoral Systems class together Tuesdays and Thursdays, and yesterday we got into an argument about McCain, mostly about whether he's even worthy of respect anymore (we both agree that the positions he's "taken" recently are wrong, but she says she respects him for having taken hard stands based on what he believes and I say he's pandering buttboy for the Bush adminstration et al.). Anyhow, I found myself looking for some evidence today to back up my position. So here it is (forgive the lower case, I originally wrote this as an email to her).

see entry for today, march 28

The REAL McCain

the man has lost all touch with reality and also what once made him the least bit respectable, namely, independence. i don't know him, so you're right, neither i nor anyone else has a right to judge him personally, but as a politician, an elected representative of the people of arizona and a man with a great deal of power, his public behavior is unconscionable and not deserving of anyone's respect. you said he's taking a strong stand, no matter how unpopular? give me a break. it's unpopular because practically anybody who's actually paying attention can see that it's beyond wrong. he, lieberman (Holy Joe at Crooks and Liars) and everyone else who once had even a shred of dignity but now have turned their backs on our country in the face of overwhelming evidence of their incorrectness and ignorance at every turn, should resign. enough damage done.

And with that little snit, I'm going to go home for lunch and then come back to Vale's to take my online European Political Economy test from 5 to 6. Oh Boy.

No comments: