Monday, March 05, 2007

finally posting again

Ugh, I've gotta get internet at home, for whatever reason blogger takes millenia to load at internet cafes. Blech. Anyhow, I just finished up my reorientation with Isa and now I'm back in the office with a bunch of program kids all planning their schedules. I should also start doing that soon, because classes started today in la Chile. Wednesday in Catolica. Diego Portales varies but I don't think I'll be taking anything there anyway. Things have been going really well otherwise. I'm adjusting to my new apartment and family pretty well, and the food is really good, which helps. Fruit salad with yogurt and granola plus toast and honey for breakfast every morning. Mmmmm. Also I played frisbee again yesterday for the second time since I fell and it was amazing. I'm in bad shape but just running around and competing feels unreal, even if I get beat deep sometimes. I'm going to start running again soon, maybe today, and I want to start taking either pilates classes or yoga classes, depending on which family I want to please, the Díazes (Dur's old family, whose eldest son owns a pilates studio) or the Santeliceses (my current family, whose oldest son is a yoga teacher at the swankiest yoga school in Chile and told me to call up his friend who just opened his own school and would be a lot cheaper).

I saw Kelly Anne and Fred last weekend at her house's good-bye cookout, which was so much fun. Great food and lots of drinking and ping-pong and new people, and Cori. Good times. This weekend was very relaxed, I finished My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk (verdict: I understand that it's beautiful and profound and complicated, but I found it tedious at times and my overall impression is that it's a great book, but not one that I could gain anything extra from by re-reading it in 10 or 20 or 30 years), and started on Neruda's The Heights of Machu Picchu, and went up to Rodrigo and Cecelia's yesterday to have lunch and play Scrabble (which I again won, thank you very much, I'm now 4-1 against native Spanish speakers playing in Spanish). I hung out with Anita on Saturday, just taking it easy and passing time with her; she left for BA yesterday. So anyhow life is going pretty swimmingly at the moment, and I'll try to post more regularly (my eternal promise to myself and whoever reads this thing, but I do mean it every time) as classes and activities start falling into place. Bye for now.

No comments: