Saturday, January 20, 2007

john scofield.

Oh my, what a show. I think it goes on my top-10 "Best 10 dollars I have ever spent" list. The opening act, a Finnish group called the Tube Factory, were good but kind of boring. But then Scofield and John Patitucci on bass and Kendrick Brown on drums came out and blew all 8,000 of us away. Whew.

In other news, I talked to Nicole today and am going to have lunch at her office next Wednesday. Also, went over to Dur's old family's house (I guess I should call them the Diazes now, it's shorter than "Dur's old family") to return a bunch of their CDs that I'd borrowed and also give them the Bill Evans Trio and John McLaughlin albums I bought at the beginning of the month. Just the mom and younger sister, Rocío, were there, and the mom had to leave about ten minutes after I got there to go to her son's practice baptism or something (he's marrying into the Greek Orthodox church...they're doing the full Big Fat Greek Wedding deal, it sounds like). So Rocío and I ate humitas and watched Chile's sub-20 national team absolutely destroy Columbia until I left around 7:10 to meet Vale and head over to the show. Good day.

No comments: