Tuesday, January 23, 2007

grandpa and marinell

Well, today was really nice despite a slew of minor annoyances. Grandpa and Marinell ran into trouble at customs, getting into the right line but in the wrong order, and didn't come out until more than an hour after their flight landed. The rental car thing went relatively smoothly; they got upgraded to an SUV. Then getting to the hotel was a bit dicey, even though we took the right way into Stgo (sorry MDLJ, it should have taken us two minutes to get onto Alameda) because of all the one way streets. Then we had to fill up the tank because it was almost out, which took forever because we couldn't find a gas station. Then we finally parked the car and got them checked in and went to lunch at Los Corrales, the Argentinian steak place. Then they went to take a nap and I went to the office to talk with Katty and see if I could take my own nap at Vale's. She actually suggested it before I could, I talked to Katty about the FAFSA mess (yes, Dad, progress is being made on that front, it's just confusing. I'll have it resolved before I leave) and then I went to Vale's apartment. After some trouble with the key, I got in and fell almost instantly asleep. She woke me up at 7:15 by ringing the doorbell and we sat and talked for a while and she made us both sandwiches. At around 8 I called the hotel as planned and they patched me through to Grandpa and Marinell's room, and we agreed to meet up in the lobby at 8:30. We went to Liguria, which ended up being a great choice. They both really liked the environment and their food and even though Grandpa wasn't too fond of the pisco sour he ordered we had a good time. And now I'm home and tired again, but want to watch a little of the state of the union if I can catch it on CNN. 'Night!

No comments: