Wednesday, August 02, 2006

sorry for not posting yesterday

Somehow, deep in yourselves, I believe you have in you the strength necessary to cope with me not writing yesterday and not making up for it today by writing about yesterday and today in one post. Cause I'm tired and this is going to be short anyway. Suffice it to say that yesterday was just fine and dandy. And if you really can't handle it, I know a couple of good therapists, and one of my host brothers is a psychiatrist, so he might be able to give some pointers.

In any event, today was just fine, too. We had our first COPA Spanish class, which was, well, let's just say I went in with a lot of energy and after about 15 minutes wanted nothing more than to curl up and take a nap. Oh well. Beforehand Elan and Rosie and Alex and I got lunch at a place across the street from COPA with good salsa that would be mild in the US but here is practically atomic. It tasted gooooooooood. After the COPA class, I hung around the office for a little bit and then walked with Katty and Gabriela to Isa's house for help with my course selection. She was super nice and helpful and her apartment is very cute and she has good tea. I had her all to myself for most of the time (Gabby and Katty stayed for a few minutes but then had to leave), which was nice because everyone else went in groups and divided her attention.

An den I hauled ass on over to the Teatro Municipal, where a bunch of the COPA kids, courtesy of Elan's planning and persistence, met up to sit in the last row in the obstructed-view section of the TM for a concert given by a Chilean jazz singer named Claudia Acuña. She was very good, especially a song she sang in English called, "Goin' Home," which gave me many waves of goosebumps. There were also two guest musicians, one on sax and the other on clarinet, who were both great. Her band was good, although the drummer was just a twinge overzealous (i.e. he drowned out the sax solo because he was doing his own little flares). I could probably go on being critical, but the fact is it was VERY enjoyable and the TM is quite beautiful and distinguished-looking. I'll get a pic of it up one of these days. Then I came home, heated up the dinner that David prepared for me because Luz María is sick (stayed home from work today) and watched "¿Quién marece ser millonario?" (Who wants to be a millionaire) and Sportscenter in Spanish. And then I sat down and wrote this. GOD what a boring post. Apologies, and tomorrow's will be better, I'm certain. 'Night.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Thx for helping us blog junkies with your latest posting. How was dancing? Another scorcher here; it's been 99 each of the last two days, and headed for 101 today. Supposed to "break" tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Dogs ate all 4 of my bananas, so we went out several times in the night so they (and I) could deal w/the consequences. They're fine now. Sigh.
BTW, we have a shirt of Jenna's. I'd send it to her if you'll send me her address.