Saturday, August 26, 2006

gonna party like it's 1986

Kellyanne's birthday party was last night, and it was 80s themed. The best I could do was to wear a tracksuit, because the jacket I bought a while ago to trick people into thinking I'm not a gringo (which apparently works a lot of the time) came with pants. I also brought a bottle of wine, which I ended up drinking entirely on my own because everyone else was too into the piscolas. Anyhow, the party was really fun, I spoke a lot of Spanish because many of the people she lives with, including the owners of the hostel, don't really speak English. So that was good. Today, however, has been a day of wanting to do nothing but lie in my dark room and wonder why alcohol can make you dizzy so long after you've drunk any. Anyhow, I'm okay now and need to shower really badly.

Also, yesterday, I met up with a bunch of the kids from the COPA history class, which had been on a tour of parts of Santiago we probably otherwise wouldn't go, at el Centro Cultural abajo de la Moneda. There's an exhibit there now by this famous Chilean poet (they call him the anti-poet), Barra. It was very provocative and interesting. I didn't get to spend enough time in there and will definitely be back sometime soon. Afterwards Rosie, Valeria, Alex and Elan and I went to Parque Arauco so I could finally buy a new bag. Alex ended up getting one, too, and then we all went and got ice cream from a branch of that amazing ice cream place and sat outside in a big courtyard of the mall and hung out for a while. So that was yesterday in something like reverse order. Not too interesting, I suppose. Oh well. Now, shower time.

No comments: