Monday, November 28, 2016

paycheck

I haven't been paid yet, or reimbursed for any relocation costs, because it takes about a million years to open a bank account here. But my account will be open today or tomorrow, and then I am going to get the largest single deposit of money into my account of my entire life, by an order of magnitude. It'll include my first month and a half of employment, the week I worked in Geneva early in the summer, my relocation allowance, and my housing allowance. I will get paid back separately for the costs of my trip over here, which net out to just about $400 with the amount I had to borrow to cover the costs of finding and securing housing.

Moving is expensive as hell, so at the moment I have less money than I've had in my account in years. But soon I will have more money than I have ever had. Getting paid is exciting.