Saturday, November 19, 2016

murree

It's too dusty to see anything, but I bet Murree is beautiful after it rains. Spent the night up there with a small group, played pool, danced, had a fire. It was fun and good to get out of Islamabad, if only briefly.

After driving back down today a few of us went for a hike in Margalla Park, which felt great. After that went and checked out a gym in my neighborhood that I'd been meaning to visit since I got here. Verdict: it's a seven-minute walk from my house and has squat racks (multiple!). Pinch me.

...

Okay it's now 4:30 AM and it's my birthday. Had a really great night, first at a barbecue at HP's place and then semi-commandeering a going-away party for two friends. Much dancing, much booze, some delicious cake. And then all-night paratha and meat and chickpeas with a big group. And now bed. Happy birthday to me.

No comments: