Wednesday, November 23, 2016

better not rain tomorrow

Assorted thoughts on the week:

If the first day of rain since I arrived is the day that I'm supposed to fly in the helicopter up to Gilgit and then Hunza, I'm gonna be so pissed. So, so very pissed.

Skype is just amazing when it works. Talked to M, D, and L this morning on video chat and the sound was unbelievably good. No lag, no breaking up.

There is a lot of work to be done here around to turn our actually quite good gender policy into action.

The restaurant in the basement of the office building is satisfactory and reasonably cheap (a bit under $5 for AYCE buffet). I am never bringing lunch.

Calling and writing to congressional offices is another thing I can do from here to fight Trump. Other than give money, which I'm already doing. That is a good discovery.

Got excited this morning, on the Skype call, about vacations. Trying to pull M&D to Jordan and Lebanon. Just wrote to my friend JF about joining her and her partner in SE Asia for New Year's and need to lock in a ticket soon. And after talking with my colleague Salman the other day, I got really excited about doing a road/hiking trip next spring or summer with Linc around the mountains up north.

For example, to Skardu
Image result for skardu

and Nanga Parbat.
Image result for nanga parbat

No comments: