Friday, November 17, 2006

the past week's posts

Since Monday, the blog has been superceded in importance by two final papers and a test. Sorry about that. Monday through Wednesday was stressful and short on sleep, and I didn't get one of the papers done in time, but that's okay because the professor said anyone who wasn't finished by Wednesday could just turn it in next week, no worries. Plus I think I did a pretty good job on the other one (better have, I worked hard on it) and also a decent job on the test, which was unpredictable due to the confusing lack of connection between the course's supposed theme and the material. Anyhow, Wednesday night I got many hours of blissful sleep, and then went to class on Thursday, went to the Hostal Amazonas to correct the mistake that had been made when Dad tried to reserve rooms online. That went very smoothly, the guy who helped me (the father of the woman who emailed you, Dad) was super-nice and we got everything straightened out. Then I went over to Rosie's, hung out for a while, forgot that I was supposed to go see a play for Spanish class, went to Durham's, watched Kill Bill 1 with Rosie, Dur, Joe (who freaking LOVES Kill Bill...quote of the night: "This is my life on film!") and eventually Tim B. Then we met Vale and Gaby at a nice little restaurant/bar in Bellavista, got a drink and just chilled for a little while. I got vaina, which is deeeeelicious and usually one of the cheapest drinks of the menu, which is a great combination. Then everyone went to another bar because the one we were at was closing, except Vale and I, who went back to her apartment because I didn't want to pay to get home only to wake up the following morning to come half an hour back to the COPA office for our make-up Spanish class. We had it at 12 today, making up for some long-ago missed class, I think maybe for a COPA-sponsored trip? I don't remember. In any case, it wasn't so bad, except I hadn't seen the play that was the subject of an hour's worth of discussion. It did get me excited to see it, though, which I will this Sunday. Anyhow, class out, I went into the COPA office and automatically checked my email, facebook and ESPN.com.

Please interrupt your reading of this blog and click on the ESPN link to the right.

I nearly had a heart attack as wave after wave of chills came over me as the page loaded, and then as I read all the stories I could about the game tomorrow. I have never wanted to be in Ann Arbor more in my life. But the Hooters (shudder) in Santiago will have to do. I think Vale and Elan and maybe Adam and the kid from my Chile chilenos class whose name I ashamedly can't remember will come and watch A) the game and B) me being almost psychotically emotional. Should be a good time. Unless we lose. In which case it'll be a depressing time. But back to good times, around 15 people are coming over for my birthday party tonight, Luz María got two cakes and some beer and Coke and lots of hot dogs and palta (that is, avocado) and other fixins and we're gonna have ourselves a little party here. Afterwards, the plan to is to go to Ñuñoa and either to Batuta (some kind of concert will be going on, and none of us have been yet) or Las Lanzas, which is a bar that David my host brother really likes. Sunday will see me snap back to the reality of how much work I have due next week, but from now until then I will be utterly absorbed in myself and Michigan football. Hot damn. GO BLUE BUCK THE FUCKEYES!!!!!

No comments: