Saturday, November 04, 2006

a brief post

Last night I saw the other half of Alfredo Jaar's retrospective, at the Galeria Gabriela Mistral. It's a smaller space than in the Telefónica, and I didn't like the installations there as much, although they provoked an interesting conversation between me and Rosie about art in general. Later, I saw Almodóvar's new movie, "Volver," with Rosie. It was very strange but both of us liked it a lot. I would recommend it to anyone, with the precaution that the themes, as usual with Almodóvar, are pretty heavy, as comically as he treats them.

Today, I woke up at 10:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I dicked around online a bit, made myself lunch, made plans to meet up with Rosie, showered, then got roped into eating lunch with the fam. That was okay because even though I'd already eaten a couple of sandwiches, I still managed to eat a lot of what Luz María brought; it was delicious. Roast chicken, french fries and a caprese-esque salad, but with quesillo instead of mozz. Mmmmmm. Then I left, met up with Rosie, went to the half of the Jaar exhibit in the Telefónica again, liked it again, and came back to blessed, hated Starbucks, where I've been for the past three and a half hours, doing research for my paper about the influences of Chile's FTAs on its culture. Really, really interesting, more so than I thought it'd be. And easier. Good combo. Now I'm taking a break to write this. Tomorrow, me and her and hopefully Tim B and others are going hiking in Parque Nacional la Campana. Should be really fun, it's supposed to be a gorgeous day. Okay, break over.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Luke, Grandpa and Marinell are eager to finalize plans to visit you. They want to come to Santiago Feb 4-8. Please answer when we call in a few mins.