Tuesday, September 26, 2006

stressful day

So after two weeks of infirmity and then travel combined with infirmity, I realized today how much homework has piled up under my nose. I had whatever my equivalent is of a panic attack, because I rarely even get stressed out about work, let alone VERY stressed, but I was today. I calmed down, though, and got a chunk done. There's still a lot to go; tonight and especially tomorrow won't be full of sleep, but I think the 11 hours I got last night recharged me enough to make it through without going crazy. I talked to a bunch of people from home today (Julia, Anita, Laura W, Katie, Annamurph, Hannah M) and also had some facebook exchanges with others: Peaches, who is going through hard times, and also Laura Melle (freshman-year-of-high-school girlfriend, for those of you who have forgotten or didn't know she existed), who is in ViƱa and coming to Santiago this weekend with a big group of kids from her program, including Mara Gay, who's a friend of mine at Michigan. I'm really excited now, I haven't seen or talked to Laura in at least a couple of years and Mara since school got out. In all, though, I've had a stressful 24 hours and my ongoing personal revelation combined with stress about Rosie and classes and also all my conversations with people from home has all combined to make me very homesick, for Silver Spring AND Ann Arbor. I even thought briefly last night that what I really want to do is finish out the semester, then go back to Silver Spring and just get a job, figure out what I'm doing. Obviously that's not going to happen, I'm committed to being here and I'm committed to graduating and in general I'm very happy with all of this, but I'm starting to feel flashes of doubt. All my confusion and realizations and everything are a little too private to share on here quite yet, but they'll come out as soon as I figure out what they all mean. Anyhow, I'd better get back to work. I think I'll make another cup of tea first. 'Night.

No comments: