Friday, June 24, 2011

kabul serena

All other internet options having failed (well, guest house, Focus office, Serena lobby wifi), I'm at the Serena business center. Might grab some dinner here while I'm at it, especially if I can rope some people into joining me.

Today was very uneventful. Turned out Noor had a wedding to go to so no call with Tameeza. That plus difficulty getting online after the power went out around 10:30 AM meant low productivity. But that's okay. I got up around 8:30, stretched and did mobility stuff for an hour, then practiced doing handstands and did various jumping exercises for another hour. Watched a little TV, went and ate breakfast, watched some more TV, ate lunch and chatted with Christine and Shafiq (the formerly nameless taciturn fellow, who it turns out is not taciturn but actually pretty nice: he just invited me to poker night with some other Americans) and Hanif. Read some, watched some more dumb TV and some great TV (the original "The Italian Job," which I've not seen and will need to watch in full when I get home). Then got fed up with the lack of internet and began a three-hour-long odyssey to find some access.

So yeah, pretty boring day.

Anyway, I'm glad I did finally get online, if only to keep my head above water with work emails. Driver leaves for the airport at 5:30 tomorrow morning and then it'll be bye-bye Afghanistan for the near future.

Still no word on the heli, which is a bad sign. Oh well. Next time, Gilgit, next time.

No comments: