Tuesday, June 28, 2011

food

Forgot to mention another highlight from yesterday: Eating lunch with a good chunk of the board of AKRSP. Apparently it's Izhar's (the director's) last week, so a bunch of board members converged on the Serena. I got invited because I'm attached to Karim N, who used to be, if not the head, then at least very high up in AKRSP. Anyway, most of the conversation was in Urdglish, so I couldn't really follow a lot of it, but I did get to chat for a while with the woman to my right, Samssa, who's the director of AKES Pakistan and also on the AKRSP board. She was very nice. The food was the normal buffet food: blah.

And then, tonight, I finally broke out of the mold and went to Al-Maghreb, the Lebanese-Moroccan place in the hotel. I am stuffed and content. I had an eggplant thing (not baba ganouj, something else) with fresh bread and harissa, a ridiculously good filet mignon, especially for the price, and a cup of decaf. Everything was good except the potato wedges that came with the steak. But the steak was wonderful. And it only cost 0.000000000016% of US federal tax revenue. Roughly.

Now I'm fading and it's time for sleep.

No comments: