Saturday, June 16, 2007

starbucks failed me

After prolonged attempts to get online at two different Starbucks, I gave up and came back to Vale's apartment with her (she had been running some errands and getting her hair cut). She's been feeling lightheaded/dizzy/nauseous all day and I just took her pressure and it's scarily low (99/52, and with a pulse of 118!). So now she's calling Rodrigo and hopefully he will have some advice.

My electoral systems final is coming along despite the incredibly annoying Starbucks interlude; it's going to end up being pretty dry but not entirely devoid of purpose, which is about all I could have hoped for at this point. At the very least, I'm learning a lot about Portugal, Ireland and Greece that I never knew.

Also, the sunset was really beautiful today, a half-cloudy orange sky in the west throwing pink light off of the snowy mountains. I wanted to take a picture but of course my camera pooped out at exactly the wrong time. It's okay, there will be other opportunities for nice shots like that before I leave. Speaking of which, that date is rapidly approaching and I need to email the damn travel agent again because they never got back to me the first time about my return ticket. So I'm going to go do that and then keep pounding out histories of political parties. Because, you know, I just love political parties.

No comments: