Monday, June 18, 2007

fulham cohens!

Last night (after working all afternoon at Starlight Cafe) I went with Vale to the F-C's apart-hotel! We chatted for a while in the apartment and then walked over (all of two blocks) to Giratorio, the 16th-floor rotating restaurant at Los Leones. I had never eaten while spinning in a circle before. It was pretty strange. But the food was good and it was great to see all of them. Afterwards we went back to the apartment and had tea and cake. Somehow (not hard to guess how with a family that loves HP so much) the conversation swung to the final Harry Potter book. Amongst much laughter and argument we created a betting pool (me and the Fulham-Cohens, Vale abstained; I think she was a little intimidated by how into it everyone got) for who's going to die in this book. We made a list of 21 names and everyone voted whether each character was going to die or not. Winner gets 20 bucks from Arthur, unless he wins, in which case everyone gives him 20 bucks. It was really fun, but finally Vale and I had to duck out because I'd told Dad I'd call around 10:30 to say happy father's day.

We got back to Vale's around 10:45 and I connected with Lincoln right away. We all (Mom Dad Linc me) talked for about half an hour, which was nice. Jack had fallen asleep, but we made plans to talk again on Tuesday. They all sounded really good; there was a lot of talk about SilverDocs and I'm sorry to be missing it this year. I'm edging closer to a July 18 return date, I think it's the last day I can come home without paying huge fees or getting a new ticket. One crazy thing I found out yesterday, before I get back to work on these finals (yippee!): A one-way ticket from Miami to National costs $79 in economy class, and $549 in first class. Who on earth would pay five hundred and fifty bucks for a 2.5-hour flight? That just seems stupid and excessive, but then again probably shouldn't surprise me. Okay, back to work. Here's to getting through Thursday!

No comments: