Thursday, December 14, 2006

delicious dinners

Today I did nothing of note at all. Honestly. It felt terrific. Except when I was trying to take a nap and the girl next door played "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira five times in a row at top volume and belted along with the lyrics. Then my slow-burning dislike of Shakira turned into pure hatred. To tell you the truth, I'm surprised I lasted this long. She sounds like Kermit the Frog, for crying out loud. Why does ANYONE like her? I don't understand. I mean, to each his own, but seriously. I hate her.

I finally got off my butt and left my house around 8:40 to meet Rosie and her mom for dinner. I did this on Tuesday, too, and neglected to write about it then (sorry, Rosie!). We went to R on Lastarria on Tuesday and I had a really good stuffed-pasta-with-ham-alfredo dish and then tonight we went to Los Corrales, the same Argentinean place that Ian took Izaak and Karla and me a little while ago. I had the rarest steak I have ever eaten--practically raw--and it was delicious. Too rare, though, I'm going with "a punto" instead of "inglesa" as my cooking time from now on. Thanks for two delicious meals, Mary Lou! Tomorrow I have to get up and go pick up Rosie's computer from her so I can take her music and add some of the music that Paloma gave me to her library. After that I'll go to the COPA office to talk to Janet (the new housing lady) about where I'll be living next semester! I get to choose my family! Very exciting. Anyhow all that entails an early start because Rosie and her mom are going to ViƱa/Valpo tomorrow, so it's bedtime for bonzo. 'Night!

No comments: