Friday, December 30, 2016

phuket cont'd

My first Thai massage was a disappointment. Mediocre. Felt like the woman knew the steps to take but not why she was taking them or what they were supposed to do. Oh well it was only $8-9, standard price here. 

I've never been around such open prostitution before. Might have been solicited before but I can't remember a specific event. It's gross here: old white men walking hand in hand down the street or on the beach with young Thai girls. And women who perch at bars and call out to you to come buy them a drink. Easy enough to ignore, but I walked around the bar street in the next town over last night and didn't go in anywhere because any place that looked half-appealing also looked like a place where I'd get hassled all night as a single dude. It's kind of a funny gender reversal, actually. A small taste of what it must be like to be a solo woman in a bar. 

I'm now debating whether to go out. Should eat dinner at least, but do I want to haul ass up to the social town or call it an early night? Plan tomorrow is to get up early and take the ferry to Phi Phi Island, which is supposed to be gorgeous and much less built up than Phuket. 

No comments: