Tuesday, April 08, 2014

pushing through

Tuesday is drawing to a close. I just got back from the gym, where I got in a good workout. I've been thinking about workout planning for the spring and summer. I'm very close to dunking a basketball: a good day and one well-timed lob and I'm pretty sure I could get one down. So jumping will continue to be the focal point, but now that it's nice out I'd like to get back to sprinting. There are races in late May, June, and July, and I'm going to run the 100m (and maybe 200m) in at least one of them, just to see. Figuring out an ambitious but doable workout scheme is a fun diversion.

Today was one decent meeting after another. I say decent, I guess what I mean is that each meeting seemed worthwhile and productive, therefore not bad, but not overwhelmingly positive or exciting.

AKF USA's webmail was out all weekend and through my day yesterday. One of my colleagues in DC, bless her, called the IT people yesterday after I went to bed and everything was working this morning. I took a few minutes between meetings and then a few hours after I got back to my room to go through everything and I feel at least somewhat up to date, which is great.

Not terribly much else to report, it's 9 PM and I haven't yet eaten dinner, so I'm going to cut things off there.
 

No comments: