Saturday, June 15, 2013

end day 2

Not a huge amount to report. Slept about 9 hours last night (SO GOOD). Lots of meetings today, I spent a total about about 20 minutes outside although it was gorgeous outside. Wanted to go shopping this afternoon with a colleague but had too much work. See previous post for gastrointestinal status, although that seems to be getting better. My toilet flushed for a solid thirty minutes while I was on Skype with C -- the connection is so uncertain that I didn't want to interrupt to go fix it, although eventually I was able to. Very vigorous flushing. The conversation with C was the highlight of the day, technical difficulties and all.

I did finally manage to finish the damn concept note rewrite I was working on, so that's good. And the meetings today were productive if overlong. I'm nervous about tomorrow. Don't feel especially nervous my legs have been twitching for hours and I can tell I'm going to have a hard time going to sleep. It will be what it will be, I'll just get up early tomorrow and go through my slides again and go over the agenda again and hopefully be ready.

Now it's time to eat something (still haven't eaten dinner; it's 10:05 PM) and read my book and take some Benadryl and sleep until at least 6:30.

Last thing before bed: After the gym yesterday I took a 15- or 20-minute shower, which is three or four times as long as usual. The showers here are absolutely fucking terrific. Wish I got pressure and heat like this at home.

No comments: