Wednesday, June 28, 2006

my first post outside work

I think the title of this post is true. Not sure, though. Whatever. Anyhow, I had a lot of fun in Chicago hanging out with Julia and Nora and their friends. Julia and I went to Millenium Park and saw its many wonderful structures (god i'm a dork, I can't believe I just wrote that) and this really cool band Mucca Pazza (their website is here). Her friends were cool, but who knew that IHOP was so freaking expensive? Not me. P.S. the bean in Millenium Park is amazing). Said bye to her, and, "See you in December!" cause she's coming to Santiago after her program is over. YAY!

Nora's family was funny (especially her very old great-aunt...) and I liked her friends, too, I guess. Not as much as her, but they (and her family) explain a lot. We went to the pride parade on Sunday and met up with Brett and his boyfriend and a few other Ann Arbor people who I didn't know, which was fun. Lots of scantily clad people and a guy who could hold a beer can between his pecs. Then on Sunday night it stormed like crazy and I did the Chicago Tribune Sunday crossword and Nora studied for her quiz. I went down to UIC with her on Monday, waited for her to finish her first class and then we said bye. Not sure how it was for her, but it was really hard for me. First person that I really care about that I've had to say, "See you in a year," to this close to when I actually leave. At school, it wasn't so hard because my actual departure was in the distant future. Now, it's in less than three weeks. Anyhow I had trouble not crying. Which made me realize that I'm going to cry a lot when I actually leave. Oh well, I'll just have to invest in some tissues.

Home has been okay, if not very relaxing because of dog issues. Sherlock just finally got his stitches out today and is currently curled up at my feet with his tennis ball in his mouth. Izzy, however, is really sick and in the hospital, where she'll probably have to stay while we're in the White Mountains, which we leave for tomorrow. Sheesh. Time is flying by. To be honest I kind of wish we weren't going to the White Mountains, or that the trip was shorter, because it feels like being gone for a week at this point is a waste of precious time. But I know I'll have fun, and it'll be good to spend time just with MomDadLincJack and then visiting the New England/New York set. Okay Jack is yelling at me about the computer, so I'm going to stop writing now. There's lots more to say, of course, there always is, but I've gotta cut myself off somewhere. Don't I? Yes, shut up. Okay. Bye.

No comments: