Monday, March 09, 2020

piano and guitar

SRB bought a piano the other day after talking about it for years. While she was in Pakistan recently I also finally started learning guitar and have now stuck with it long enough (a week and a half) to have passed the "fingers hurt to much to keep going" stage and am moving toward the "can almost play along with 'Born in the USA'" stage. She passed out early tonight and so I plugged my headphones into the piano, loaded up a YouTube lesson on Für Elise for rank beginners, and played the melody of that piece all the way through for the first time in at least 15 years. It ruled.

I've been piddling away at card tricks, too, and even learned a couple of really basic ones. But the truth is magic is no fun to share with anyone until you're great at it and music can be fun even if you're mediocre. Now I just need to start learning how to sing a little. 

No comments: