Monday, January 20, 2020

heartburn

It's a drag. Had it pretty bad while lying in bed last night. No apparent cause: I didn't eat anything unusual or too much, hadn't drunk any alcohol. I had a low-grade fever and generally felt like crap, but that's never been linked to heartburn for me before. It's back this evening, after eating some very bready food that SRB brought home via an app that connects restaurants who have leftover food that they're about to throw out with people who want cheap food. It was pretty bad, but again, nothing out of the ordinary. Have I suddenly developed an aversion to, I don't know, white flour? I had two PB&J sandwiches for lunch with no problem, albeit on whole grain bread.

I've tried some baking soda dissolved in water and may give a bit more of that a go in a few minutes if things don't calm down. That eventually did the trick last night/early this morning.

No comments: