Thursday, January 19, 2017

brit club

A few milestones today:
1. First time driving myself onto the enclave. The guards must have been having a good day because they didn't even stop me to ask where I was going, just waved me through. In my experience they usually bug people at the outer gate.
2. Became member of the British Club, which should make it much easier to access the compound, as well as use the BC facilities without inconveniencing someone who lives inside. For the most part, that just means less headache in terms of showing up to play tennis or ultimate frisbee. Worth the $30/month.
3. Presented my department's 2017 goals to the senior management team, along with the other department heads. I went late so people were tired, but I think they went down well. Although we've bitten off a pretty good bite, it'll be remarkable if we achieve even most of the things we've set out to do. The process of developing them with my team, which is now a proper team of four rather than just me and LNT, was rewarding and felt very positive.

My finger is was in bad shape the last two days, tender along the side of the nail to the point where I couldn't grip anything tightly because the lateral pressure from my middle finger hurt too much. Just the way the skin was healing around the part of the nail that came out from the cuticle. Feels better today and in fact I just got back from a really solid workout. Feel slightly lightheaded and otherwise great about that. Now I've got a bunch of work to do before sleepy time.

Tomorrow night: Poker with a new group of people. Should be interesting.

No comments: