Tuesday, January 14, 2014

meetings

I'm wiped out so this will be short.

Last night I went down to the weird New Year's thing (remember, it was January 13th). It was loud and dissonant, at least to my jet-lagged ear, so I stayed approximately 20 seconds before retreating to my room and getting room service.

Today was meetings wall-to-wall and then a call and other work when I got back to the Serena. The meetings were mixed: encouraging in the morning with DFID (who aren't involved yet but sound very enthusiastic and also have a reasonable amount of funding they'd like to dedicate to our project) and less encouraging in the evening with USAID (who are involved and enthusiastic but strapped for cash in Tajikistan and unable to give us all that much). In between a useful meeting with our sister agencies all together, which spelled out in detail just how difficult it's going to be to pull this program together given budget constraints.

That's all for now, MJ leaves tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a bit more energy for a longer post tomorrow or Thursday night.

No comments: