Thursday, May 20, 2010

my first day off!

Is today! Yesterday was jammed full of meetings at AKF, just making the rounds and trying to gather as much intel as possible about what they're doing over here in natural resource management, education, civil society, etc. etc. I also had a meeting at USAID, which is on the US embassy compound and I have never seen a more heavily-fortified place in my entire life. Like whoa.

More about that another time, I have to go eat breakfast and then I'm going to take advantage of the day by going shopping with Keith, the head of monitoring and evaluation of AKF, and Andrew, the head of NRM. Andrew has been here for seven years, speaks excellent Dari and is evidently extremely knowledgeable about the shopping here. He collects rugs and is somewhat of a connoiseur of them. Should be a fun time.

No comments: