Monday, March 12, 2018

good weekend

SRB and I were very busy this weekend.

  1. Hosted friends for the first time on Friday evening
  2. Bought a bunch of plants -- cane palms, table palms, bougainvillea, monsteria, a money plant, and some tiny succulents -- and arranged them on the patio and inside. The two tall palms are still at the top of the stairs because they are heavy and there's no way we can get them down here ourselves. Need a wheelbarrow. And SRB is fit but she's 5'6" and a woman: Need another man
  3. Talked to M&D&Linc (mainly me, but her a little at the end), including first substantial convo about Jack's memorial. It was good to start that dialogue
  4. Didn't go to a big party last night because we were drinking wine and having a nice time and at some point looked at each other and just said, nah
  5. Started to hang pictures
  6. Ran twice
  7. Bought a bunch of other house necessities, including various buckets and bins for us to start composting
  8. Finished Democracy, Sustainable Development, and Peace: New Perspectives on South Asia, which was meh except for 2-3 essays toward the back, and really only one of those actually taught me something new. Standard liberal stuff I deal with all day in my professional life. Did serve as a reminder that I know a lot about my profession, which I suppose is worth something
  9. Finally saw Black Panther, which ruled
Monday off to a productive start as well. One of my team members did a good job on a new task that I coached her through and that's gratifying. Our final living room chair was delivered, so the house is continuing to feel more and more like a place where people live. I emailed five or six therapists in MD who say they do tele-therapy. SRB is nearly done with her big consultancy, just waiting for one or two final inputs. 

No comments: