Friday, February 03, 2017

trips

Early Sunday morning, I will leave for a proposal workshop in Dubai that's going to include something like 50 people from five different countries. That is way, way too many people. But okay, this is how we do things. I'm looking forward to it, my first overnight business trip in the new role (except Geneva last summer, but that was obviously before I'd moved to Islamabad). At the very least I'll meet some interesting people, learn some more about the project, hopefully contribute a bit myself, and do some shopping. Should put together a list. It'll include:

  • Scrabble
  • Boggle
  • Scotch (obv to purchase in duty free on the way home)
  • Wine if I have space in my bag
And something else I thought of last night that is escaping me at the moment.

Back Wednesday night, then work on Thursday and at least part of Friday. And then I'm going to Lahore for the weekend, for a big Sufi music festival and a food festival that coincide with each other. Quite excited for that. RF and I are staying a proper hotel this time, and several other friends are also coming for the weekend although I'm not sure where they're staying. It'll be fun to see the Lahore crowd again, even if briefly. The last trip was so fun. 

Last thing before I stop procrastinating and start boning up on the background materials for this workshop: The book club picked the book I recommended! So 22 Feb we'll meet up to discuss LaRose. I picked it up again last night and read until later than I should have -- see previous post for an explanation of why I might have had trouble getting to sleep -- and am enjoying it. 

No comments: