Wednesday, July 11, 2007

camille paglia

Well I'd never heard of her before today but I clicked on her column on Salon and read it all the way through. I don't agree with a lot of what she says but she's definitely way unorthodox and way unlike a lot of the other people I read on a regular basis (not so much Unsane and Safe, who I like more and more as time goes on). No knock on the liberal bloggers, Add two new books to my wish list and throw them pretty high up there: Sexual Personae and Break Blow Burn. Plus she pisses off lots of people, like John Updike and Betty Friedan--thank you, Wikipedia. Any self-proclaimed liberal who pisses off that many bona fide liberals certainly piques my curiosity. I mean, they really hate her. (The book list will eventually take true list form, along with the music list, in a future post.)

Speaking of which, scratch Andy McKee from the music list, that one song is really impressive to watch but GOD is his music boring. The one video, though...damn. Okay, I'm off to buy HP tickets so we're sure to get a seat tonight. In really shitty news, Cori is stuck in Bolivia and won't be coming into town, after all. Getting back to the States can be a nightmare. Oops better run.

No comments: