Wednesday, September 09, 2020

bad internet

For the consultancy I've been working on, I have to interview people in different countries. Some of them have really poor internet, but none as bad as the guy I talked to today. We'd been trying to talk for a week and a half or two weeks but been thwarted repeatedly by the quality of the connection on his end. Today was the best we'd gotten, so we forged ahead. To give you a sense of how bad it was before, this was the first two minutes after I started recording:

Luke:

So I'm recording now.

Abas:

Yeah. [inaudible 00:00:06]

Luke:

So, just because I don't want to lose you while I have you, can we just go ahead and start?

Luke:

(Silence)

Luke:

Hello?

Luke:

Hello?

Luke:

(Silence)

Luke:

Hello, can you hear me?

Luke:

I'm afraid I can't-

Abas:

Hello.

Luke:

Yes, hi.

Abas:

Hello?

Luke:

Can you hear me?

Abas:

I hear you now.

Luke:

Yes.

Abas:

Hello?

Luke:

Abas?

Abas:

Hello.

Luke:

Yes, Abas. Can you hear me now?

Abas:

[inaudible 00:01:38] no? Yeah.

Luke:

Okay.

Abas:

Let us try. Let us try.

Luke:

Let us try. So I'm just going to-

Abas:

You were [inaudible 00:01:49]

Luke:

Okay. So can you first just describe the timeline of your involvement with the country capacity assessment?

Abas:

Hello?

Luke:

Hello?

Abas:

Hello. You can make the phone [inaudible 00:02:16] for what?

Luke:

For you to be involved with the country capacity assessment.

No comments: