Sunday, May 24, 2020

why in the living hell didn't i take up guitar 20 years ago

Seriously?!?! All I want to do right now is practice. My fingers can't take more than an hour at a stretch yet, but that's way up from the 15 minutes they could take a couple of months ago when I discovered Justin Guitar.

I'm learning so fast, it's really fun. Today I learned "Free Fallin'", which is an admittedly extremely easy song to play, but my god after about five minutes I could at least play a simplified version of the strumming pattern along with the original track. Also started to learn "Brown Eyed Girl," which is also very easy and for which I'm looking forward to learning the riff.

The tips of my left fingers can't decide whether they're sore or numb.

Feeling foolish for waiting until I was 33 to start. 

No comments: