Friday, September 02, 2011

cesaria evora

What a voice.





Aman and I were talking about her today. The morning has been pretty quiet. Hanif, Aman and I went over the budget template, which is a little confusing but really more so for us than them. This is thanks to USDA's mind-bogglingly, insanely, pathetically convoluted and inefficient application system. AKF Moz won't have to touch the system, so no problems for them, but it does mean we need the budget to be in a very specific format when we get it from them. Hanif reiterated his desire to see the AKF Mali USDA budget, finally explaining that he's really most interested in seeing the personnel for that project. AKF Moz has never done a USDA project before, so they're not sure what the organigram should look like. Leanne has been very reluctant to share it with them so I've repeatedly said no to Hanif, but I just asked her again because I really don't understand what her resistance is.

Otherwise, things have been relaxed. Most everyone is out at meetings so it's just been Aman and me in the conference room. I've been answering some emails from the last couple of days and chatting. Aman is cool.

The real work starts up again at 2, when Jake from TechnoServe comes back to finish up the project frameworks and set next steps. TBC...

No comments: