Wednesday, July 08, 2009

some new books

I'm almost done with Midnight's Children, so I got to thinking about what I'd like to read next. Then once that ball was rolling it was hard to stop and I came up with this order from Amazon:
  • Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
  • The Mantle of the Prophet: Religion and Politics in Iran, by Roy Mottahedeh
  • Do No Harm: How Aid Can Support Peace - or War, by Mary Anderson
  • Refugee Health: An Approach to Emergency Situations, by Medecins Sans Frontieres
  • Millions Saved: Proven Successes in Global Health, by Ruth Levine
  • The White Man's Burden: Why the West's Efforts to Aid the Rest Have Done So Much Ill and So Little Good, by William Easterly

Looking at it now this next bout of reading is awfully subtitle-heavy. Also soul-searchy. I guess I'm trying to figure out a bit more about the big picture of actual aid work. And read Lolita, finally.

No comments: