Tuesday, February 24, 2009

breakfast

Hello again, blog. My guess is that everyone has stopped reading you because I stopped writing you. That's fine. I'm just going to write some thoughts down.

First thought: I finally ate eggs for the first time a couple of weeks ago, albeit diluted by milk and smothered in cherry tomatoes, spinach, cheddar cheese and bacon. My ideal breakfast now consists of this omelet plus a smoothie made with strawberries, blueberries, a banana, two scoops of plain yogurt, half a scoop of protein powder and a tablespoon or two of flax meal.

Second thought: Barefoot=awesome. The (very nice) shoes I have on at the moment feel cramped and limiting. I finally heard back from the FeelMax people and it looks like it'd be around $130 to get a pair of Pankas (here), including shipping them here from Finland. Also I'm going to check out the Terra Plana store (here, Vivo Barefoot line here) in NYC when I go up this weekend.

Third thought: Nursing? MPH? MPH. Nursing? The fact is, I want to do something helpful without three layers of bureaucracy and 6500 miles between me and whoever it is I'm helping. Nursing sounds like a great way to do that. But I don't think I want to practice nursing forever; what I really want to do at the moment (and this could easily change by next month) is disaster relief and humanitarian response for refugees/IDPs. For that, this program at Hopkins looks effing sweet. I actually got little excited heart flutters looking at this program just now. Innnnteresting...

Fourth thought: I'm going to NYC this weekend! Jenny invited me to come see the Will Ferrell one-man show about Dubya. Hurray! Also, I'm hopefully going to see Alex, Jill and Johanna, Jean and Fred, Anita and Sam. A bit more planned, this weekend than the last time I was there (in September), but should be a lot of fun. Jill and Joho are having a no-pants party on Saturday night, which I will be attending.

Fifth thought: Travel at the end of March? Barcelona, Montpellier? Cartagena? I've got to stop dilly-dallying and decide if I'm going to do this or not.

Sixth thought: People at this [rest removed due to good advice].

No comments: