Friday, January 04, 2008

back to school

Well, in my one day of classes yesterday, I went to The Rise of the Southern Novel in Black and White (which I liked and which has Adrian Arrington on the class roster, but which I will probably have to drop) and Ecological Issues (which I can't drop, but I liked it so that's fine). I would have had discussion for Race and Ethnicity during the National Period in Latin America (REDNPLA), but we haven't had a lecture yet, so no go there. So far I'm pretty sure I'll be taking Politics and Economic Growth in Asia (with Ashu Varshney, my Gov't and Politics of India and South Asia professor from last semester), Ecological Issues, and REDNPLA (which is a 5-credit class because I'm taking my discussion in Spanish!). My other Poli Sci class is TBD. Currently it's Religion in Latin America, but two overlapping classes on Latin America might be a bit much. So we'll have to see next week.

Today we set ourselves to moving from room to room. Jon isn't back from Philly yet, but since he's not moving, that's okay. I'll be taking Klein's big front room, he'll be moving to the back room, and Gabby will be moving to the double, with Jon. Klein paid Jon off a little to stay in the double so that Klein wouldn't have to share. From my perspective, the whole thing couldn't have worked out more smoothly. Moving itself is kind of slow-going, but that's all right. I've got most of my stuff out of the room. All that remains are a few papers and my clothes. Although, to tell the truth, most of my clothes are either in my suitcase still or are dirty. Better do some laundry this weekend. Before I go, I will report that Gabby has apparently gotten a subscription to Foreign Affairs, which is odd because he doesn't know why that's the case. Whatever! Okay, time to get back to moving.

One more thing: first Magnum practice tonight, 8:30-10. Then Sunday, 8:30-10, Wednesday 11:30-1 every week until we move back outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you decide to take Religion in Latin America, I know a nice Chilean woman who could provide field notes.